-

-

Friday, July 30, 2010

3 Years

This weekend is our anniversary! Time has flown by, I can't believe it's really been three years already!


I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband.

We've learned so much about each other these last three years and I've grown to love Lane even more than the day I married him. There are so many things that I love about him.
I love:
~The way he holds me and makes everything alright on a bad day.
~How hard he works to take care of me.
~His kisses.
~The way he sings when the radio is on and sounds better than the original.
~How he makes me laugh.
~The way he makes me feel beautiful without saying a thing.
~When he tells me I'm beautiful, even when I most certainly don't feel it.
~How patient he is.
~The way he still opens doors for me.
~That he laughs at my jokes, no matter how dumb they are.
~How he always puts me first, always.
~The way my hand fits in his.
~The way he tells me he loves me.
And most importantly:
I love the way he's mine.

We've been so blessed these last three years. I can't believe how much has happened! In the last three years we've:

*Lived in 4 different states (Utah, Colorado, New York, & Texas), 5 different cities (Logan, Kaysville, Denver, Rochester, & Houston) and 6 different apartments!
*Been on tons of vacations including:
~2 cruises to Mexico
~2 cruises to the Caribbean
~New York City
~Palmyra, NY
~Niagara Falls
~Washington DC
~Boston, Massachusetts
~Nauvoo, Illinois
~San Diego (twice)
~Lake Powell
*Changed our majors at least once
*Changed schools once
*Laughed a lot
*Kissed even more
*Had lots of ups, a few downs, and many in betweens
*Fallen deeper in love

I can't wait to see what the next three years will bring. I have no doubt that they will be even more wonderful than the last three. One thing is for sure:

Our fairy tale is just beginning.
I love you Lane.

3 comments:

Jess Beach said...

1. I LOVE all your pictures! 2. That is the cutest thing I've ever read. Congrats! :)

CHS officers said...

Yay!! I'm so happy you are updating your blog so much! We LOVE looking at al your pictures. We miss you guys! We'll have to play when you guys get back! happy 3 year anniversary!! Seriously time flies, I feel like it was just last summer and we were helping you plan your 2 year!

Anonymous said...

Nicki, that was beautiful. What a sweet tribute to Lane - and to your marriage. It's fun to see these pictures again. Glad you are enjoying the journey and looking forward to seeing you again soon.